The Slovak Chamber of English Language Teachers (SCELT) is pleased to open the call for workshop facilitators for its 5th annual ELT conference – SKA 2019 Bratislava: The Real Deal in ELT – taking place Friday and Saturday, 27 and 28 September 2019, at Austria Trend Hotel in Bratislava, Slovakia.
Submission deadline: 12 July 2019
As usual, our conference focuses on authentic, practical, and experience- and science-based methodologies in ELT. This year, we’d like to learn more about Special Needs Education (SEN) and to that end we invite any and all teachers working in this field to submit workshop proposals to help us teach better. These submissions will be given preference.
SEN in ELT covers any of the following areas:
- Challenges related to thinking, understanding, and learning (this covers teaching gifted learners as well)
- Challenges related to emotional or behavioural issues
- Challenges related to speech, language, and communication
- Challenges related to physical or sensory issues
We also welcome proposals on any of the following topics:
- facilitating character building, values training and/or democratic principles
- critical reading, critical thinking, and/or writing skills
- professional skills (such as giving presentations or interviewing for a job)
- the language we teach (i.e. grammar and vocabulary)
- research-based ELT methodology
- tried-and-tested ELT practice
DEFINITION OF ‘WORKSHOP’:
SCELT understands a conference workshop to be a 45-minute practical presentation which shows, rather than tells, an ELT technique/activity/idea that can be used later in the classroom or for personal professional growth. The speaker involves participants through hands-on activities.
To be clear, this call is not for talks. Thank you.
TO SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL, PLEASE FILL OUT SPEAKER’S PROPOSAL FORM.
DEADLINE: 12 July 2019 (NOTIFICATION OF VETTING RESULTS BY 20 July 2019)
We look forward to hearing from you!
SCELT 2019 Conference Committee
(IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PRESENTING A WORKSHOP TIED TO A PRODUCT, PLEASE CONTACT SCET.SKA@GMAIL.COM FOR MORE INFO.)